31 October 2015

Better Late Than Never: Coffeeneuring 2015 Ride #1

22625912052_5a3c1d97fe_k

Only two weeks left to finish the 2015 Coffeeneuring Challenge? “I should probably get on that”, says I.

Since there was an optional category this year of “theme within a theme”--  as in, having one-- I jokingly quipped that my theme was procrastination, because I hadn’t started my coffee rides yet. How true that statement has been proving, because it’s really down to the wire and I need to use every remaining day to get all 7 rides accomplished. Luckily, as of this blog post, three of those are complete, leaving me with 4 rides to go—one per each day of the weekend for two weeks. I do have a Veterans Day option I can claim, but we’ll see whether or not that comes into play.

So on to the first ride.

One of the reasons I haven’t had a lot of time to ride is because I’ve been working on a Haunted House on the NATO base. With Halloween getting closer, we needed to spend a lot more time getting things finished there, and so my options for a coffee ride were limited. Nevertheless, the Mrs. gave me the idea that, since there is now a Starbucks on the base (where isn’t there one?), we should do a circuit to meet the 2 mile requirement, and ride back to the Starbucks to get coffee. I’ll admit it didn’t sound like too exciting of a ride, but I needed to log a ride and it was a good idea.

22626303872_87bb907181_k

I had my Dahon already on base, and the Mrs. brought her Japanese folding bike along, and we rode around the perimeter of the base, taking roads we hadn’t been down before, and ultimately arriving back at the NATO Exchange for a cup of overpriced Starbucks coffee.

22386219839_9e155752e2_k

Nothing glorious, but a good (and late) start to the 2015 Coffeeneuring season. More more info about Coffeeneuring (in case you’ve no idea what I’m talking about), check out Chasing Mailboxes’ website [chasingmailboxes.com].

- Bicyclist Abroad

 

Coffeeneur Quick Stats:

Location: NATO Airbase Geilenkirchen, Germany
Date: Saturday, October 17th
Drink: Coffee: Pike Place Roast
Distance: 4.5km / 2.8 miles

 

 

BA Post Footer

No comments:

Post a Comment